HARARE – It was double celebration for Marvelous Nakamba after Luton Town won its first English Premier League match on Saturday, with the Zimbabwean midfielder being selected man-of-the-match.

Goals from Tom Lockyer and Carlton Morris helped Luton to a 2-1 victory over Everton at Goodison Park, to leave both sides just outside the relegation zone.

It was away side Luton’s first ever Premiership win after their promotion last season, and much of the credited was given to holding midfielder Nakamba, who has become firm favourite at a club based in a town that is also home to thousands of immigrant Zimbabweans.

Respected British Podcast, THE WALT Podcast, claimed on X that the 29-year-old Zimbabwe international has now made the most tackles in the EPL, with 26 so far this season.

“70% of the planet is covered by water,” remarked THE WALT Podcast. “The other 30% is covered by Nakamba.”

Commenting on a Luton Town post on X, club fan James Payne wrote: “Forget the fancy signings, Marv was absolutely paramount to any success we were going to have this year. Some of his tackles yesterday saved goals. Brilliant player.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here